BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY LE STEP ACTIVITY YOU MUST READ & SIGN A REGISTRATION FORM (PROVIDED ON YOUR FIRST VISIT)
If there is any disability, illness or injury that may be affected or aggravated by participating in a class or activity YOU must NOT participate until you have discussed this with an instructor. Such disclosure will be kept confidential.
INDEMNITY TO: LE STEP ON THE COAST PTY LTD ("the Instructor")
I acknowledge & agree that as a student of the Instructor, in consideration of the Instructor allowing me to attend Le Step dance classes and/or events run by it I agree with the Instructor as follows:-
1. I acknowledge that the classes are private classes & I agree to be bound by any rules & regulations that the Instructor issues regarding the conduct of the classes or any other activity organised by the Instructor.
2. To release the Instructor from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me; (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any class or other activity (dance related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of the Instructor, whether or not the injury is caused by the Instructor or any other person participating in the class or activity wherever the class or activity is held; (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of the Instructor or any other member of the class or activity.
3. I agree to obey the Instructor at all times & acknowledge that my participation in the class or any other activity provided by the Instructor may be terminated at any time by the Instructor.
4. I confirm that I do not have any injury or illness could be aggravated by my participation in the classes or other activities other than disclosed by me above and I acknowledge that the Instructor is relying on this statement in allowing me to participate in the class. If I suffer any such illness or injury I agree to notify the Instructor immediately.
5. I acknowledge that: (a) in the conduct of the class or other activity some physical contact will occur between myself and the Instructor or myself and other members of the class; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold the Instructor or any other member of the class responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
6. Le Step is a 'Blue Card" Regulated Business. To work with children under the age of 18 years in Queensland, "Blue Cards" and a "Risk Assessment Policy" are legal requirements. Our "Risk Assessment Policy" includes the right to evict anyone from any class, at any time and without warning, if they breach or appear to breach, any of our guidelines for creating a safe environment for minors.
Persons under the age of 18 (and their parent/ guardian) must clearly identify themselves to the Door Staff and the Le Step Venue Manager.
You will be asked to sign a separate document. For legal and reasons; Children under 13 years may not attend our regular nightly classes. Children aged between 13 and 15 are welcome with parental/legal guardian supervision. Children over 16 may attend regular nightly classes subject to parents/legal guardians signing them in at their first session.7. Le Step reserves the right to use personal information for statistical information, to inform clients of upcoming events via mail, email, phone, sms, txt or any other form of advertising. You can be removed from our lists at any time.
8. I acknowledge that during the course of the classes the Instructor will make known to me a unique method of dance & that the Instructor may have proprietary rights in relation to this method or certain parts of it & that the method may be regarded as confidential information. I agree that the method is made known to me by the Instructor solely for the purpose of me participating in the class and learning the method for my own personal use. I agree not to use the method for any other purpose. In particular I agree not to describe any part of the method to any person at any time without the Instructor's written consent (except to the extent the method is generally available in the public domain).
9. I acknowledge that Le Step is not liable for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me as a result of any social function in which I may choose to participate, even if the event is arranged, organised or directed by Le Step on the Coast Pty Ltd, its Directors or members or clients or any third party.
10. I certify that all information provided by me to the Instructor in the application form attached, or in any other way is true and correct. By signing the attached registration form I confirm that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and have read and understood the terms of this application before signing. Or, as I am under the age of eighteen (18) years I have obtained permission to participate in the classes from my parent/guardian and will have them sign on my behalf before participating in any Le Step activity.
12. I hereby acknowledge that Le Step classes, events and functions are private and that Le Step may record any Le Step event or activity by any means or format and use such recordings (including but not limited to photo and video) for whatever purpose and without obligation to me.